Monday, October 28, 2013

Hi friends, please do comment on my last journal.



Reflective Journal for the month of October – 2013

Making of movies using Movie Maker was known to me before only and I even produced many videos during my DE tenure only but Producing Video Tutorial using Camtasia Studio was yet another opportunity for me to learn new things. To be frank, the very soft ware itself was new and did not know the existence of it till date. It was an eye opener for me to learn that video productions are done in several ways using the particular software.
Many new skills that I have gained from making of the Video Tutorial using Camtasia Studio were: I have learnt how to prepare power point presentation in the software itself, then to save it and to go to record the screen, select the area correctly, from the setting to enable the voice record and the cursor effects prior to recording the lesson. I failed several times in every step of those to do and I have fiddled it every evening at around 2 to 3 hours for many days. I managed it after several inquiries to my friends and mostly through self-exploration. The most challenges that I had were with recording of my voice and the cursor effects. It really frustrated me a lot; still I did not give up and fiddled here and there for around 4 to 5 hours at stretched and after much struggling I could manage to overcome it at last.
From the topic: ‘Use different word processing features to produce document’ the new knowledge that I have gained were: Using mail merge to write letters and invitation cards to multiple friends, activities like inserting two or more shapes and grouping them together, designing Invitation Cards, Certificates, first page of the newsletters page and power point presentation were an opportunity to refresh myself since I have learnt the same in Chiphen Rigpel Workshop in the beginning of this year but didn’t get chance to explore much about it until this assignments. How to insert the shapes in activity 2 and arrange the rings in cylindrical shape using the software GSP were new to me but found it is very useful in drawing Venn diagrams in Mathematics and to insert different mathematical equations in our daily lives as a teacher. I didn’t know that I need to download GSP software and I tried in word document inserting the pictures but it was in vain until I came to know from one of my friend that we need to have software to do this activity.
The ICT optional module which I have opted amongst other module was not a wrong choice for me. This ICT module made me to learn new skills through various assignments assigned to us which definitely would enhance my professional understandings with respect to teachings in the years to come.
The ICT knowledge that I have gained would add values to the learning skills further which can be used in the class room if the need arises for any purposes the professional teachers ought to know in teaching ones’ students. After all, we are living in the digital world.
Lastly, I take this opportunity to thank my tutor Mr. Chenga Dorji for his intellectual ways of assigning us and letting us to learn on various software to make programs which otherwise would have remained as an unexplored subject.
I also thank my friends for sharing your valuable skills and ideas with me. CHEERS ICT FRIENDS FOR WE DID IT AT LAST!



8 comments:

  1. Madam
    You have really worked hard to acquire ICT knowledge. That is your great achievement. However I'd like to state that these knowledge should not vanish without use. You must remember that our children in schools should be benefited from you. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir,
    Thank you for your valuable comment and definitely I will try to make my acquired knowledge be benefited to my children. Good Luck to you too sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Kinden,
    First let me congratulate you for completing all your assignments on time and successfully. Yes i agree with you and many of our friends that we really learned something new and useful in this ICT module. Lets keep in touch and keep on learning too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kinden,

    Congrats!!! We all worked hard for this module and every activity was challenging and new to us. Yeah I agree with you that all the assignments we worked were very useful to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the wounder of technology that one can make any sort of animation,can add the sweetest song we want and can trap the different acceleration of our movement. It is my pleasure to go through your reflection and to learn that you did enjoy and accumulated different technological skills which are necessary in this 21st century would. Great to hear.

      Delete
  5. Good reflection. Well, I can just say you that never stop using your computer after you finish this course. Now is the time for you to explore new things through which you can master this module.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sirs and mam,
    Thanks for your great comments and good Luck!

    ReplyDelete